Views:0 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-11-05 Origin:Site
The use of elastic bandage generally has the following steps:
1. Starting from the inside of the sole of the foot and below the thumb, fix one end of the elastic band, and tighten the bandage with the other hand and wind it from the outside to the toe bag. The advantage of starting from here is to facilitate fixation and help venous return; cotton pads or medicated gauze can be placed in the bandage as needed.
2. Tighten the foot from the outside to the inside at the starting position three times, moving to the ankle each time, so that the bandage covers 1/2 of the front layer. Note that the tension should be uniform and not too tight to affect the arterial blood supply. The wrapping direction must be the same, the movement must be elegant, the shape must be beautiful, and the pleats must be renewed (otherwise it is easy to crush the skin).
3. After the third round of compression, turn the bandage from the outside through the instep to wrap around the ankle joint, the direction is from the medial malleolus to the ankle, so three rounds, each round moves to the heel, and the bandage also covers the front layer 1/2, be careful not to wrap the heel.
4. After bandaging the ankle, turn to step 2 to form a "8" winding, and repeat it twice, paying attention to keeping the bandage covering 1/2 of the front layer, and finally making the bandage wrap the entire foot and ankle. The number of wraps and the ratio of the front bandage should be adjusted according to the size of the foot. Be careful not to be too tight or pleated. Ask your friends for their opinions after packing. If you are not satisfied, start over.
5. When satisfied, fix the end of the bandage with a buckle or nylon velcro.